This afternoon/evening in the shed I made a gift box, 1} as next weeks project for Wild Orchid Crafts and 2} as a decorative christmas box to give my mother in law her pressie on Christmas Day :-)
It started out its life as a little green soap box and was then repurposed into a lovely wee gift box!
I gave the whole thing a coat of gesso and then several coats of Antique Gold Acrylic Paint, I also stamped french script all over the box in Ranger Sepia Archical Ink.
Then I took some christmas sheet music paper and adhered it to the painted box with matt medium.
The keyhole was given to me by my friend Deb who made some from polymer clay, I gave it a coat of gesso and then painted it with Antique Gold Paint and distressed it with Frayed Burlap distress ink… I used a little metal embelishment dragonfly for the handle.
WOC Products Used :-
- SK-000015 1 METRE A
- NTIQUE GOLD SILK RIBBON (1.09 Yards)
- JW-00020 13 MIXED METAL EMBELLISHMENTS
- WD-00017 12 GOLD BABYS BREATH FLOWERS
- BUD-013 100 OLD GOLD MULBERRY PAPER CLOSED ROSE BUDS – 4mm
- FM-00431 25 2-TONE CHOCOLATE BROWN PAPER WILD ROSES 25mm
- LL-00015 50 GREEN MULBERRY PAPER ROSE LEAVES – 15mm
- EX-00040 50 “FLORAL FOUNDATIONS” BROWN TONE PAPER ROSES 20mm
- FM-00209 20 DOVE GREY MULBERRY PAPER TRELLIS ROSES 35mm
- CR-00018 6 GOLD CRYSTAL HEART (Chandeliers) ON GOLD STEMS
- WDE-002 12 MIXED WOODEN BIRD, BUTTERFLY & DRAGONFLY EMBELLISHMENTS
- GT-00011 80 GRIT GOLD GERMAN GLASS GLITTER – 30 grams (1.05 oz US)
- BO-00011 MIXED PASTEL BUTTONS – 30g (1oz US)
- FM-00144 25 TAUPE MULBERRY PAPER ROSES 20mm
Thanks so much for popping in.. forgot to say… the tutorial on how I made this from start to finish is over on my Ustream Channel :-) The video will be up on Youtube tomorrow :-)