Butterfly Birthday Card.
I needed to make a birthday card for tomorrow, plus it was also in the back of my mind that I really wanted to post a card for Jess’s Twitter Challenge this week… So here is my wee card, that ticks both boxes :-)
I have recorded a video for Youtube of the process from start to finish, which will be available to watch later today..
Supplies used :-
- Heavyweight White Cardstock for the base 12 x 4 when scored gives a 6 x 4 card
- Basic Grey Mint Julep 6 x 6 stack
- Crate Paper 6 x 6 stack
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey and Peacock Feathers
- Stampin Up Clear Button and dimensional adhesive
- Barbours Vintage Linen Thread
- SEI Berry Melody Embelishment pack – I used the white Tuile.
- Etsy Seller : Lavish Laces – Vintage Cotton Lace
- Invild Bolme Distress Tool
- Trimcraft Light Green Doily
- Zots extra large glue dots
- Clearly Besotted Stamps Say it in Style Stamp Set – I used the Happy Birthday Stamp
- DCWV Textured Cardstock in a very light green
I am loving being off on holiday this week… it is giving me the chance to participate in my favourite stamp company’s blog challenge!
The theme is “Spring” … what reminds me of springtime apart from beautiful flowers…. well… baby animals ;-) puppies, kittens, wee lambs and the like..
So for my take on the challenge I picked a spot of Puppy Love..
supplies used :-
- White Cardstock
- Spring Green Bazill textured cardstock
- Prima Life Stories 6 x 6 patterned paper (for the pup)
- Prima Say it in Pearls .. pale pink pearl for the pup’s dog tag
- Versafine Onyx Black Ink
- Stampin Up Circle Dies and Dimensional Adhesive
- Clearly Besotted Furry Friends Stamp and Die Set
As always, thank you for popping round
I’m having a wee go at the Less is More blog challenge – It’s Week 167 One Layer… click here to go to the challenge
So I have to create a one layer card, and.. incorporate shadow stamping :)… this was a fun challenge as I had learn how to shadow stamp, my first attempt was this card I made last night, but couldn’t use it for the challenge because it wasn’t one layer ;-)
So here’s my take on the challenge that I created this morning..
- Watercolour cardstock
- TimHoltz Distress Inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Peacock feathers and Pumice Stone
- Paper Artsy JOFY15 A5 Stamp Set
- Versafine Onyx Black Ink
- Masking Tape
An enjoyable challenge and I can now shaddow stamp :-) yay! (or at least i think I can lol)
As always, thank you so much for your support and popping round
Tonight up in my wee shed I tried shadow stamping for the first time, I enjoyed it, and plan to make another tomorrow, and enter into the simply less is more blog challenge…
Supplies used :-
- Watercolour cardstock
- Tim Holtz Squeezed Lemonade and Wild Honey Distress Ink
- Hero Arts Fine Embossing Powder /White
- Paperartsy JOFY 09 Stamp Set
- Paperartsy Lin Brown Eclectica 05 Stamp Set
- Heat Gun
- Water Spray Bottle
as always.. thanks for popping round :-)
It’s the first day of my holidays today … a whole week off work :-)
That means a whole week of crafting and I am really looking forward to it! I had thought about having a sort out in my shed, and de-stashing stuff I will no longer use, but I’ll see how things go and if it happens I will be sure to show a before and after ;-)
This morning I was reading through a card making magazine that my hubby bought me on my birthday last month and there was a cute little gift box template in there, so I decided to give it a go..
- Heavyweight Cardstock (bought it at the Ross Papercraft show last year)
- Stampin Up Patterned Paper
- Bazzill Pink Textured Cardstock
- Hello die from Clearly Besotted Stamps
- Stampin Up Circle Punch
- Stampin Up Flower Punch
- Woodware Circle Punch
Quick and easy to make, and it would also be great to fill with easter goodies too… might have another go later on ;-)
As always, thank you for popping round, and see you soon, lots of crafting and blogging to be done this week!
A wee video showing how I altered my notebook using paint, stamps,watercolour pencils and poster paints
It’s Sunday, but not quite time yet for shabby sunday ;-)
I altered a notebook this morning and thought I would share this first..
I recorded the process from start to finish over on youtube, and the video will be live later today..
- Hard Cover Spiral Bound Notebook
- Inktense Watercolour Pencils
- Paperartsy Snowflake and Vintage Lace Acrylic Paint
- Paperartsy JOFY Stamps
- Sharpie Poster Paint Pens
- Micron 0.4 Black Fineliner Pen
I love the Paperartsy Vintage Lace Fresco Finish Chalk Paint, it gives off a very pale pinkish hue
See you all later on for Shabby Sunday#13
As always, thanks for popping round
Shabby Sunday this week is an old egg carton up-cycled and turned into a shabby chic embelishment box!
Now the blog post today is picture heavy, I took lots of pictures of the process along the way :-)
I took an egg carton, carefully peeled off the label to use as a template..
I love the texture of this egg carton it looks a bit like fabric!
I took a pencil, drew around the outline of the label and then cut it out
then I took a distress tool to rough up the edges…
Once the edges are roughed up, the patterned paper is set aside till later…
next we are ready to paint the egg carton.. I am using Paperartsy Snowflake Chalk Paint..
I am painting the whole of the box, inside and out…
then once the box is completely dry, I’m measuring up the inside, to place some patterned paper in there..
I’m using a Stampin up patterned paper on this project, I think it is called Tea Time..
This piece of paper had the edges roughed up too.. then fixed down inside the lid of the box..
I have 2 x double row’s of shabby white trim going in next and I also have a little spring flowers panel, with the edges roughed up too..
I popped a couple of pink Petaloo flowers either side of the spring flower panel..
The outer edge (inside) of the egg carton also got a coat of Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Texture Paste… to give it a lovely shabby shimmer
lovely & sparkly… now on to the front/top of the carton…. Now its time to add the patterned paper to the top of the box, i’m using 1/8th inch scortape
for the top I cut this “wish” sentiment out from a journal card on a 12 x 12 piece of patterned paper..
then I embelished the top with mulberry flowers, buttons, butterflies and pearls.. and added some trinkets to the inside and it’s done!
I had loads of fun making this project today!
As always., thank you for popping round
Happy Saturday everyone!
I have had a lovely day today crafting (apart from the dentist appt. this morning :-)
My hands are inky (Dylusions!)
Then I made this wee card using Intense crayons and an aquash water brush..
supplies list :-
- Lime Green Cardstock from Simon Says Stamp
- Electric Blue cardstock from my own supplies ( not sure where I got it but my hubby had a suit this colour donkey’s yrs ago!)
- Derwent Inktense Water Colour Pencils
- KI Memories Elsie 2715 Toby Cabana Self Adhesive Fabric Paper
- Stampin Up Stampin Dimensional Adhesives
- Cream Water Colour Paper
- Jet Black Archival Ink
- Paperartsy JOFY15 A5 Stamp Set – I bought mine here
as always, thanks for popping round… and see you tomorrow for Shabby Sunday
p.s. This is what made my fingers inky (almost forgot to share!)