A great and inexpensive way to turn supermarket basic brand note pads into something really special 🙂
My daughter came up to the workshop to print off her English homework whilst I was making these, she thought they looked great and were a fab idea. She now wants to make some to give to her friends and her gran at christmas.
Here’s the tutorial…
- Take a supermarket own brand jotter pad 210mm x 73mm ( this one cost 37p)
- Cut some patterned cardstock / paper to the same size 210mm x 73mm
- Put a strip of double sided tape along the top edge
- Cut the top sheet off but leave the top canvass strip attached.
- Remove the double sided tape from your coloured paper/cardstock and place it under the blue tab that’s left and press down to adhere.
- I then took a strip of cardstock, punched the edge with a Fiskars punch and fixed to the jotter with double sided tape.
- The I added a some co-ordinating self adhesive strip from the pack
- Added the word notes from the self adhesive alpha letters
- Added a couple of self adhesive hearts and a gem
- All done…. here’s the finished project
Finally the supplies list :-
- 1 x cheap jotter pad
- Basic Grey Nook & Pantry Collection
- Prima e-line gem
- double sided tape
- Green Cardstock
- Fiskars treading water punch