Shabby Sunday #3
Hello and welcome to the 3rd blog post in the Shabby Sunday Series 🙂
This week I altered a small papier mache oval box that I picked up half price in the Hobbycraft sale, I think it only cost £0.50, so a real bargain!
I started off by painting the box with antique white acrylic paint and distressed all the edges with Tim Holtz Pumice Stone distress ink..
The inspiration for this box came from Pinterest, there was a picture pinned by someone where christmas boxes were made from circle boxes created by Melissa Phillips
My take on the box is valentine themed, perfect for giving as a gift filled with lovely Lindt chocolate 🙂
The paper line that I used is Promise Me by SEI..
for the base I used a wooden spool, painted it in the antique white acrylic paint, edges done in pumice stone, then edged in glossy accents and dipped in clear rock candy distress glitter.
Supplies List :-
- Decoart Antique white acrylic paint
- Promise Me 12 x 12 patterned paper collection from SEI
- Vintage Lace from Etsy Seller Lavish Laces
- Tim Holtz Pumice Stone Distress Ink & Vintage Photo Distress Ink
- Petaloo Pink Darjeeling Flowers
- Silver Seam Binding from Wild Orchid Crafts
- WOW Glitttered embossing powder in Clear & Vanilla Opaque
- Papermania Large Bloom
- Prima Bark Heart
- Small Pink Button
- Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die & Mat Board for the flower at the base.
- Antique Linen Thread
- Light Pink Velvet Ric Rac Ribbon
- Small Pink Pearl Head Pin
I hope you enjoyed this week’s Shabby Sunday… I had so much fun creating this.
Thanks for popping round