I have been playing with Distress Oxide inks on kraft cardstock tonight 😀
I made a wee tag
I put so many layers of ink down my tag warped quite a bit, so I double layered it ontop of another one to give it a bit of stability..
I used Spiced Marmalade, Broken China, Iced Spruce, and Peeled Paint Distress Oxide Inks
I also used a lovely Petaloo Darjeeling Teal Dahlia flower, a Tim Holtz Small Talk Sticker, and my Uniball Signo White Pen..
I used a Prima Finnabair spotty stamp over top of the oxide inks and finished it off with some Maya Road Fibres …
As always, thank you for popping round
It is time for another new challenge over on at the Indigoblu Challenge Blog, this month the theme is “Indian Summer” I had so much fun creating this fun and colourful tag 🙂
My tag this month is fairly easy to make and comes together quite quickly, it uses various different colours of ink, along with some of the gorgeous Indigoblu stamps.
Indigoblu supplies used :-
- Nottingham Lace Stamp Set
- Nature I Stamp Set
- Royal Peacock Megaflake
- Indigoblu Flitterglu Starter Kit
other supplies used :-
- American Crafts Red Twine
- Hero Arts Mid Tone Shaddow Inks : Red Royal, Raspberry Jam, Orange Soda, Butter BAr, Tide Pool & StoneWash
- Adirondak Inks : Pool, Juniper & Mountain Rose
- Stampin Up Inks: Summer Starfruit & Pistachio Pudding
I hope you will play along with us this month over on the challenge blog, remember….. you can win some fabulous stamps from Indigoblu 🙂
Day 2 of the Online Card Class – Watercolor for Card Makers
My card for today concentrates on a watercolour background using the emboss resist technique featured yesterday, it looks like I am going to be working a day behind, I really want to try all the methods and techniques, its just a pity I have to go to work all day, which only leaves me with around an hour in the evenings to play..
If you already follow my blog, you will recognise the wee foxy tag I added to the front of my watercoloured embossed background, it was part of my homework for class that I was practicing over the weekend. He just fitted perfectly on this card, it was meant to be!
I will add a list of supplies at the bottom of this post, just incase you are interested in any of the products I used.
supplies list :-
- Simon Says Stamp Green Cardstock
- Watercolour Cardstock
- Hero Arts Fine White Embossing Powder
- October Afternoon Background Stamp
- Clearly Besotted Round Tag Die
- Green Sequins
- Hemptique Natural Twine
- Gorjuss Foxy Stamp Set
- Inks Used to create the water colour background are all from Stampin Up
- they are Pistachio Pudding, Basic Grey and Gumball Green
As always, thank you so much for popping round & see you tomorrow for another card!
Shabby Sunday #9 this week features wooden scalloped tags, Paper Artsy paints and a cute bunny stamp!
- Scalloped Wooden Tags from Simon Says Stamp
- Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic Paint in Ice Blue, Guacamole, Sage and Mermaid
- Docrafts Artiste Antique Linen and Rose Pink Acrylic Paint
- Crafty Stamps cling rubber AN130B Bunny Stamp- available here
- Various different Archival Inks, Black, Sepia and Grey
- Seam Binding
- Prima Chalk Inks
- Large Metal Eyelets
- 3 x different patterned papers
First up we have green bunny tag
followed by Pink Bunny Tag
and finally the blue bunny tag
I also made a couple of cards using the bunny stamp today, I will try and share these with you all tonight or tomorrow depending on how much time I have left..
thanks for popping round
Welcome to Shabby Sunday #5, and this week I have made a shabby chic tag book.
If you popped into my blog on Friday, I had mentioned that I was attending a book making workshop over in Edinburgh, at a craft shop called Stampers Grove. It was a really good class, a great tutor called Yvonne, I had a lot of fun! and I enjoyed craftingwith a lovely group of ladies 🙂
My project today is a Tag Book, using my newly learned techniques from yesterday’s class.
I have a video that I will be editing after I complete this blog post, It should be up on Youtube later on today and I will also post it here on my blog.
you can use whatever paper you have, I used patterned paper, you might fancy watercolour paper, ordinary copier paper, or scrap paper to use up your “bits”
I also used some vintage pink buttons to embelish the front of the tag book/
Supplies list :-
- Ranger No. 10 Manilla Tag
- Glitz Design Patterned Paper 12 x 12
- K & Co 12 x 12 lattice cut paper painted in antique white acrylic paint
- Vintage Pink Buttons
- Wild Orchid Crafts Open Roses 5mm 10mm and 15mm
- Dylusions White Spray Ink
- Vintage cream ric rac ribbon (from MaryBeth)
- White Lace from Lavish Laces Etsy Shop
- Ranger Glossy Accents, Collage Glue Stick and Hot Glue Gun
- Linen Thread and a book binding needle
There are various different sizes of roses from Wild Orchid Crafts, and I painted them with Dylusions white ink
Thanks for popping round 🙂
Welcome to Shabby Sunday blog post #1 🙂
For my very first Shabby Sunday project, I picked something relatively small, to ease me back into it..
Approximate Supplies list :- (I have forgotten where I got some of the items and their names)
- Tag Base is one of these plain chipboard mini albums from Michaels from a few yrs ago
- Deco Art Pink Lemonade and Antique White acrylic Paint
- WOW Clear glittered embossing powder
- Prima Bark Heart
- Antique trims from Lavish Laces Etsy Store
- Petaloo Darjeeling Flowers ( LOVE these)
- Pink Velvet Ric Rac Ribbon from The Ribbon Reel
- Vintage Light Pink Seam Binding from Etsy
- Darker Pink Seam Binding from Wild Orchid Crafts
- Dylusions White Linen Spray
- Crate Paper Pink Button
- Strip of Champagne Rhinestones
- Die Cut Circle (Think Crafty Helen sent me this)
- Cardstock Sentiment from SEI
- Vintage Photo Distress Ink (round the edge of the tag)
After making this tag today, I think that next sunday I will concentrate on making shabby chic embelishments to build up a ready made stock for when I start making cards & projects 🙂
Hope you enjoyed the first blog post for Shabby Sunday 🙂
Can you believe it is thursday already? this week has flown past!
I have a video uploading onto youtube for the penguin tags I made the other day, windows media player is being a pain and crashing constantly, so you will be getting the full unedited blooper full 17 minute version 🙂
Today I have another tag to share, using the clearly besotted delightful doily stamp and die set…
supplies list :-
- 320 gsm heavyweight white cardstock
- Clearly besotted delightful doilies stamp and die set
- Delicata gold ink
- Stampin Up Chanpagne glass glitter
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Stampin up dimensional adhesive
- Martha Stewart Star Punch
- Silver Pearl Embossing Powder
- Natural Hemp Crafters Cord
I’m looking forward to having a few more craft filled days before I go back to work next week 🙂
thanks for popping round