I have a birthday card to share today! … It has been such a long time since I have made a card or even been up in my shed, but I should have a bit more time now that spring is here, lighter nights, better weather and Rosie can go out in the field rather than being cooped up in her stable..
So this is a birthday card I made for Beth, my son’s girlfriend, she had her 24th birthday a couple of weeks ago, and at the time I snapped a few photos of the card and this is me just getting round to the blog post now!
I used the following materials :-
- Simon Says Stamp White Woodgrain Cardstock
- Jane Davenport Patterned Paper
- Silver Glittered Paper (non shedding)
- Stampin Up number dies
- Cosmic Shimmer Specialist Acrylic Glue
I also decorated the inside of the card, it is always nice to open a card to find a nicely decorated interior
Thanks for popping round
It’s been a while and it seems like I have been absent for ages.. but I have been super busy making wedding invitations.. and they turned out sooo pretty..
So this is me back to bloggy business as usual. I am starting off my return with a birthday card, I was asked to make this by one of my friends at work.. love how this one came together
The card base is 6″ x 6″ and it is a kraft scalloped edge card that I bought at the Ross Papercraft Show a few months back..
I used some black cardstock as a layer and some pretty floral patterned paper..
The flower was a packet of basic white flowers from Hobbycraft and I used a sepia coloured spray to give it a touch of colour..
I will be back with another blog post soon as I have been asked to make a couple of first communion cards and a wedding card for a couple of friends at work,
As always, thanks for popping round and…. its great to be back 😀
I am ill… I have caught some horrible flu virus and it headed straight into my chest, so apologies for the lack of posts lately, I have been in my bed.
I do have a birthday card to share, this is a quick and easy one, as I didn’t want to sit in my shed for long in the cold.
This is a standard 5 x 7 Card from a card and envelope pack that I picked up at Stampers Grove a while back, really handy to have on hand for days like today.
- Kraft Card Base and matching Envelope
- Mama Elephant Femme Frames Die Set
- Stampin Up Banner Die
- Tim Holtz Happy Birthday Stamp
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Kaiser Craft Pickled Pear Patterned Paper Pack
- Scrapiniec Chipboard Heart
- Lucy’s Cards Sequins
- Ranger Multi Matte Medium (for the sequins)
- Zig 2 Way Glue Pen (for the heart)
- Scor Tape and Scotch Double Sided Foam Tape
- Vintage Cotton Lace from Lavish Laces Etsy Store
- Crushed Silk Ribbon
I will see how I am feeling tomorrow and If I feel better I will head up to my shed and make some stuff for blogging next week.
Take care everyone
Hope you have had a great weekend.
It was National Card making Day
yesterday, it’s actually the 3rd October 😀 and I did make a small 3 x 3 card,but it wasn’t that great, so I plan to chop it up and use it on another card tomorrow 😀
I liked the card I made today so sharing this instead 🙂
- Card base is Daler Rowney Watercolour paper
- Mulberry and Gold Paper that I found, I’ve had it for years and no idea where it came from
- Craft Cardstock with the edges scuffed and inked in white chalk ink
- White Gel Pen Signo Uniball
- Imagination Crafts Script Stamp
- Versamagic White Chalk Ink
- Fibres from Maya Road
- Petaloo Darjeeling Collection Flower
- Swirly Chipboard Shapes from my stash Painted with
- Tim Holtz Bundled Sage Distress Paint
As always, thank you for popping round
Good Morning Everyone!
I have a couple of pink birthday cards to share with you today… 2 the same but slightly different 😉
I have challenged myself to use the craft supplies that I have and not to buy any new things for a year… apart from the essential adhesives. I did it a few years back and I am sure I will be able to do it again 🙂 wish me luck!
I used butterflies from my stash to feature as the focal point of the card.. one had a backer and the other didn’t hence the same but different cards 🙂
I painted them using 2 different paints, the back being Paperartsy blush and the top filigree layer using silver starlight paint.
- Heavyweight white cardstock from Ross Papercraft for the base
- Recollections 12 x 12 patterned paper
- Silver textured cardstock
- Lil Inker Stitched Square Dies
- Clearly Besotted happy + birthday dies
- Zig Glue Pen
- Sellotape double sided tape
The card below does not have the backing to the butterfly like the card above and it glued directly onto the card.
I hope you enjoyed today’s card… it is amazing what you can make by using what you have in your current supplies… it is so tempting to spend money and buy all the latest releases isn’t it 🙂
Here is the video of how I made the cards today 🙂
One of these cards was made for a an order and the other card will be available in my etsy store www.etsy.com/shop/seafoamblue (now sold) thank you Gina xx
As always thank you for popping round
Today’s card features a new stamp and die set and patterned paper I bought a while back from Stampin Up.
I also needed to make a card for a friend’s birthday so this gave me the chance to try out the new set.
It is just a quick card and post tonight as it has been a busy day, Chunky has been to the vet for more chemo today .
supplies list :-
- Heavyweight White Cardstock from Ross Papercraft show
- Matte Silver textured Cardstock
- Stampin Up Patterned Paper
- Simon Says Stamp Word Bubble Die
- Stampin Up Stamp & die Set
- Silver Star Sequins
- Cosmic Shimmer Glue
- Sellotape Double Sided Tape
- Stampin Up Dimensional Adhesives
- Onyx Black Versafine Ink
Thanks so much for popping round and I shall see you very soon 🙂
It’s Saturday, it’s sunny and it’s my other half’s birthday today… so today I have a masculine birthday card to share with you all.
My hubby loves fishing.. so I thought I better incorporate a wee fish into it somehow 😉 and I kept the colour scheme kinda neutral .. and seeing as i’m not that great at man cards, I think this one turned out not too bad at all.
The card dimensions are 7 3/4″ x 4 3/4″ and I made an envelope for it using the envelope punch board which and made one to 5″ x 8″ which fitted the card perfectly
Supplies used for the envelope :
- We r Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board
- Crate Paper DIY Shop 12 x 12 Patterned paper stack
- Kraft Cardstock
- Mama Elephant Stitched Border Die set
- Frayed Burlap Distress Ink & Ink Blending tool
- Red Line Tape
Supplies list for the card :-
- Tim Holtz Small Talk Stickers (for the inside sentiment on the card)
- White 300 gsm cardstock from Ross Papercraft
- Dienamics Star Stax
- Stampin Up Linen Thread
- Stampin Up Dark Brown Cardstock from the Neutrals pack
- Fancy Pants Etcetera 6 x 6 Patterned paper stack
- Stampin Up Early Expresso Ink
- Versafine Onyx Black Ink
- Andy Skinner Retro Stamp Set No. ASCA5015
- Happy Birthday Stamp From Clearly Besotted Stamps
I hope you like today’s card.. hubby has opened it up now so I can blog about it now 😉