I thought I would share photos from another workshop that I attended back in May, it was an Indigo ink Tie Dye and book binding workshop held at the Granton Hub in Edinburgh.
It was a fabulous workshop where you learned to Tie Dye fabric with Indigo ink then use your fabric to make a book… the tutors were fabulous Elizabeth and Cassandra .. they can be found here and here if you are looking to do something like this in the future
Here are my photographs from the day…
Thanks for popping round
Two posts in one day 🙂
I made another couple of handbound / handmade books up in my shed this afternoon, to finish off my WOC DT project for this week..
I did record a video for it once they were made, and once I uploaded it realised it had no sound… so deleted it and will re-record another one this evening.
Here is the first of the two books.. a lovely pink fabric book… my daughter bought this fabric for me for christmas, it was part of a fat quarter bundle and I loved this piece..
- Scrap Chipboard / Greyboard
- Pink Rose Fabric
- Green Vintage Seam binding from Wild Orchid Crafts Product Code SB00023
- TH Book Plate
- Moonstone Brads from Wild Orchid Crafts Product Code BR00004
- 10mm Pale Peach Foundation Roses from Wild Orchid Crafts Product Code FM-00082
- Wild Tea Roses from Wild Orchid Crafts Product Code PM00123
- 50mm Pink Tipped Rose Leaves from Wild Orchid Crafts Product Code LL00024
- Diamond Stickles
- Sewing Machine, Scortape and Red Line Tape
I used up some patterned paper scraps for the inside of this book 🙂
and then I made a tiny green book… I love the colour green and this is a dinky wee 3″ x 2.5″ book
supplies used :-
- Crushed Olive Distress Stain
- Evergreen Bough, Shabby Shutters and Iced Spruce Distress Inks
- Claudine Hellmuth Gloss Medium
- Cord fibre
- Stone and Lampwork Beads
- Cartridge Paper
- Chipboard / Greyboard
and I used plain white 120gsm cartridge paper for the inside of this wee book
Thanks for popping in 🙂