I was looking through my photographs and realised that I had not blogged about this journal I made a couple of weeks ago for the Colourcraft design team blog…
The first is a faux skin textured Halloweeny style wrap around journal, made using leftover tissue paper and string.. there is a full photo tutorial over on the Colourcraft blog if you would like to see how.. just click here and it will take you there
Thanks for popping round
I would like to wish you all a very happy, healthy, and crafty new year and hope 2017 is just the best year ever..
I pulled together a video showing almost everything I made during 2016, I hope you enjoy it and I shall see you all next Year!
Thanks for watching and being part of my crafty adventures
You know the other day how I said I was done with Halloween? ….well…..I forgot that I bought a paper mache pumpkin when I was in Hobbycraft and seeing as it is Halloween tomorrow, I thought I better paint it 😀
I actually got a bargain it was reduced to £4.00 ! So here is my naked pumpkin, it is fairly big and about the size of a medium real one 😉
I gave it an initial coat of Paperartsy Butternut Opaque chalk finish paint I didnt have any opaque orange paints so had to improvise
then I added a dollop of Deco Art Media Tinting Base and some quinacridone gold which gave me a pale orange colour
then i mixed in more quinacridone gold to the base dollop on my desk and we are getting there..
and even more ….
then i dry brushed neat quinacrodone gold all over the top.. and happy with the result
Happy Halloween everyone!!
Back to making my shaped cards today..
I have a scalloped circle shabby chic style halloween card to share with you, phew that was a mouthful.. try saying that one fast 😉 !
supplies list :-
- Stampin Up Circle Die Set
- Impression Obsession Coconut White Cardstock
- Maja Designs Springtime 6×6 paper stack
- Lawn Fawn Booyah Stamp Set (small spider on the outside edge)
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Scrapiniec Spider Web Chipboard
- Decoart Media White Gesso
- Wink of Stella Clear shimmer Pen
- Zig 2 way glue pen
- Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue
- Uniball Signo White Gel Pen (for the spiders eyes)
Hope you liked today’s card.. see you soon with another!
Hope you are all having a great day, welcome to day 3 out of 7 where I am making cards using 4″x 4″ Kraft Cardstock..
Today I am sharing another halloween card using a Deep Red Stamp and Black Sparkle embossing powder..
Supplies List :-
- Papermania 240gsm Kraft Cards with matching envelopes
- Heat it Up Black Sparkle Embossing Power
- Versamark Ink
- Black & Green Layering Cardstock
- Lil Inker Designs Stitched Square Dies
- Deep Red Happy Halloween Stamp sku 4×505168 I bought mine fromStampers Grove link here to the stamp in the store.
- Double Sided Adhesive Tape
As always, thank you for popping round
I have had a productive day so far, all the cards are made for this coming week and I am just sitting typing up all the blog posts now..
I won’t be around much next week as my daughter comes home so will be spending time with her, I will catch up with any comments and questions next weekend 🙂
Supplies List :-
- Papermania 4″ x 4″ 240gsm Kraft Cards and envelopes pack
- Lawn Fawn Boo Yah Stamp and Die Set
- Hero Arts Mid Tone Shaddow Ink Orange Soda & Red Royal
- Hero Arts Fine White Embossing Powder
- Versamark Ink
- Creative Expressions Coconut White Card 240gsm
- Uniball Signo White 0.7 Pen
- Stampin Up Dimensional Adhesive
- Stampin Up Wisteria Wonder Ink
- Misti Stamping Tool
- Black Cardstock
As always thanks for popping round and have a great week
H is for Happy Halloween 😉
This is ATC (Artist Trading Card) number 4 of 4 and it is slightly different from the rest I featured here on the blog this week.
This one is halloween themed especially with a fellow bloggey friend in mind when I made it …. Cobs from the Cobweb Emporium blog 😀
- DecoArt Media White Gesso
- DecoArt Media Tinting Base
- DecoArt Media Matte Medium & texture paste
- DecoArt Fluid Acrylics Metallic Silver, Panes Grey and Black
- DecoArt Shimmer Mister White
- Scrapiniec Decorative Chipboard
- That’s Crafty ATC White/Greyboard
- H Stencil (from chipboard letter sheet I had used the H so used hole as stencil)
- Imagination Crafts Script Stamp (I bought mine here)
- Archival Black Ink
- Lawn Fawn Happy Halloween Stamp
- Paperartsy Yellow Translucent paint
I mixed a spot of cobalt black paint in with the texture paste and swiped this over my stencil, i like this decoart media texture paste as it is quite rubbery when dry as opposed to a chalky finish.
As always, thanks for popping round, and i hope you enjoyed a week of blog posts, let me know what you think as it’s do-able for me to make my stuff at the weekends and program the blog posts a week in advance