I have a sparkly white wedding card to share today..
I made this card for a friend at work, friends of hers are getting married very soon and she wanted a nice card with a classic feel.
The card is 6″ x 6″ square and has a lovely silver layer added to make it sparkle…
Supplies List :-
- White Cardstock 12″ x 6″ scored at 6″
- Silver non shed paper 5 7/8″ x 5 7/8″
- White Embossed Cardstock layer 5 3/4″ x 5 3/4″
- Xcut Embossing Folder 6″ x 6″
- Crystal Centrepiece
- 20mm Double Satin White Ribbon
- Printed sentiment on white 2″ x 4″ card and layered up with more silver and white cardstock
- Foam adhesive double sided
As always, thank you for popping round
Last week I brought some ink sprays and muslin fabric down from the workshop to the kitchen table and played around dying some background swatches… Tonight in the workshop I created an ATC with one of the backgrounds..
I’m still practicing with the whole sewing thing, and have loads of ideas in my head what I want things to look like, but it’ll take me a while to get there so just taking baby steps at the moment… I guess it will be like the very first cards I made, I thought they were brilliant, and when I look back now I cringe lol… This fabric ATC is the same, I love it… but a couple of years down the line I may think differently 😉
There are several layers to this ATC..
- Backing (bottom layer) is non furry hessian with a small weave
- Middle layer is grey felt
- Top Layer is ink sprayed Muslin
- Embelished with Seam binding and satin ribbon offcuts from a project i’m working on at the moment 🙂
- Its all stitched with Silver Gutterman Thread
- There’s some Bugle beads in the 4 corners attached to a small square of seam binding.