A bit of a flower power post this evening….. last night I had a play around with plain flowers, I dressed them up with stickles. I played around with distress inks, all in all I had an absolute blast!
I used to just make cards and generally have a bit of a paper fetish, but now … wow is all I can say, it is like someone has opened up a door to the big wide world of crafty’ness and I LOVE IT!!!
So without further adieu here come the flowers 🙂
- First of all I took a large plain olive green paper daisy it’s roughly 8cm x 8cm
- Next you will need some Ranger Stickles, I used Platinum
- and finally some Prima flower centres, I absolutely love these, and I’m planning on making some of my own if I can source the thin coiled wire, if you look closely it’s between the gem and the sequins.
- I put some of the stickles around the edge of each petal, than added another line of the stickles from the centre of the flower just a quarter of the way up towards the centre tip of each petal, then once the stickles were dry I attached the Prima flower centre to the middle of the daisy with a glue dot.
- Two quick and easy steps to turn a plain flower into something quite special, I’m planning to use this one on a future mini album project 😉
Now onto the distressing of plain white flowers, I’ll do a tutorial on this soon, but in the meantime, I;ll just post a picture of the finished flowers and list the materials used…
- 1 x Mini Mister filled with water
- Tim Holtz Distress inks in Broken China & Shabby Shutters
- 1 x Heat Gun
- White Prima Flowers